Makanga...Crawling...Tripping...Falling...Walking!

Everything starts somewhere!

This blog post is the beginning of either a long tiring journey, or a short sweet successful roller coaster ride; they say Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

My heart has never been so convinced that I can do more than wake up and go to the office every morning; I know that I am more than I have been thus far.The world is a fast rolling place, neither am I that slow; I am ready to pay for the price of my dreams!

I used to think I was young, till I saw a #trend on twitter for kids born 1990-1999, and I was left out of the conversation. Logging out of twitter I switched on the telly, only to find an advert for People 18 and below to save for their future.
What a harsh way to realize that I was already living in the future! Then I looked back to see the things I had done in my past; nothing! Well except for an education that hasn't stood up to its promises, is there much I can be really proud of? Oh! Whenever I am around people, I make it my job to keep them smiling and laughing out loud (lolling!!). Now that is that even enough to make the introduction of an autograph? Shame on me!

Those are just small things that I am pretty sure my grandpa achieved, before he prophesied the 'generations after him would be greater'. I am ashamed to be that generation, living a normal lifestyle, doing a normal job, and above all, doing things like everyone else around me. Let me take you back to the 1930's when Kenya and the rest of Africa was Westernizing; my grandpa become an alter-boy, then a Catechist and finally the first African man(in as far as the white Priest was concerned) to have a Fresh Christian wedding with his lovely bride, Rosa. That was a great achievement by my old man. He was a pioneer, he planted a seed of faith and fear of the Lord in his family, a faith that has stood the test of time.

Fast forward to the twenty first Century and find me, a useless grandson wishing I would switch places with my grandpa. What extraordinary thing have I done to prove that I belong to his lineage. It is a shame if ever your parents or parents' parents lived a life greater than yours!

Most readers would say I am harsh to myself, that it is unfair. Well my answer is simple, It is the hottest fires that make the hardest steel. So I choose the truth;The truth feels so bitter, but did you know that it is not as bitter as the discovery of lies? Who defines success for you? Your friends, your wife, your parents, or do you define it yourself? Do you think you need a new definition then?
On reviewing my meaning for success, I have decided to share my little thoughts and bold steps towards that success! So,

I choose to stand up and fight!
I choose to henceforth do things right!
I choose to leave my Kawaida life!
I choose to help my generation live a better life!
I choose to accept this far I'm a failure!
I choose rise and crawl no more!
I choose to walk and never fall!
I choose to make my grandpa's prophesy true!
I choose business to make it through!

I would not like to bombard you with so much information today; especially prophesies that haven't been fulfilled. So, just like a man who meets a beautiful lady and is struck by her beauty, I shall leave you my contact details- so I hope it was love at first read.

On my next article I shall tell you how simple life experiences offer us solutions to the hardest and toughest problems. I shall tell you how repetition makes anything(and especially lies) a truth! I shall take you through my journey in the Matatu industry and how I grew the Brand Makanga while seated on the backseat of a fourteen-seater taxi(commonly known as a matatu in Kenya). 
John Walter Mwanthi
Marketer . MC. Advertiser . Blogger . Social Media Guru
Leave me a comment here @jmmwanthi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ABCs of Out Of Home Creative

A Social Media Coversation on OOH